During pregnancy , you tend to crave for so many healthy and unhealthy foods , leading to over indulgence in sweets, junk foods, fatty and extra spicy food intake. When I was pregnant, the only thing I craved was for RICE, yes plates of rice , white or brown , I hogged with sardine curry /sambar /pickle you name it I would have had it with my rice 😛
On every visit to the gyno, she would advise me to have a healthy diet instead of filling myself with Carbs alone.
It was then my relative , a new mom , gave me this ideal food chart for a pregnant woman . It was suggested to her by her gyno. Thought of sharing this wonderful diet regulation tips with you all. All thanks to you Lakshmipriya Chechi 🙂
- Between 6.45 to 7.30 AM – 150 ml of milk +flax seed powder + 2 marie biscuits
- 8.30 to 9.00 AM – 3 or 4 idlis/3 dosas/POHA with vegetables (avoid too much of beetroot and carrots , use it thrice a week) or vegetable upma / or three rotis
- 10.30 to 11.00 AM – 150 ml buttermilk + 2 marie biscuits(or) a vegetable sandwich
- 12.30 to 1.00 PM – hearty lunch- dal, rice, 2 rotis, veggies or egg or fish or chicken.
- 3.30 to 4.00 PM – 150 ml milk + sandwich or marie bisuit or poha
- 6.30 PM – glass of oats (very important)
- 8.00 to 8.30 PM – rotis+veggies+ dal or some curry…(avoid rice if u can)
- Around bed time 10.00 PM – Glass of milk
Find time for one fruit everyday in between.
What do you crave for, mom to be ? Do you eat a balanced meal ? Do share with us 🙂
Image : 1