Carrot tomato soup recipe for babies is very healthy and has fab amount of nutrients.
Winters are here and so are juicy red carrots.
Traditionally carrot halwa is the most loved recipe during this season. I try to include carrots in some vegetable gravies, salads, parathas and my all-time favorite carrot and tomato soup. Carrot and Tomato are a very nice combination and the rich red colored soup is indeed a treat to eyes and our bodies too.
Carrot tomato soup is a super-fast recipe, ideal for evenings and good for working moms (goodness of fresh food with less investment of time). If you team it up with some vegetable paratha / dosa / bread /sandwich, the combo can be served as main course for small kids.
Benefits of carrot tomato soup for babies:
Widely recommended by pediatricians, carrots are very good source of Vitamin A, beta-carotene and hence very good for eyes. It is also high in anti-oxidants and boosts the immunity.
Tomato-the other major ingredient in the soup is a nutrition-dense ingredient. Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamins A and C. It contain a wide array of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants, including lycopene, folic acid & beta-carotene.
I have used salt and sugar in this soup. You can omit it for babies less than 1 year old. Tomato carrot soup can be served to babies above 10 months of age. It is especially good for kids/babies who are prone to cold or with low immunity.
I also use fresh tulsi/basil in the soup and trust me it takes the soup to another level. Addition of tulsi or basil also adds that herbal flavor and enhances the nutrition value as it boosts the immunity too.
How to make tomato carrot soup?
Clean and peel vegetables. Dice carrot, tomato and onion to fine pieces. Pressure cook all the vegetables with garlic. Add tulsi / basil leaves and blend till a soupy consistency is attained.
Sieve and strain to get the reddish orange colored soup for babies and kids. Add salt and sugar. Warm the soup.
- A dollop of butter can be added for richness
- Soup can be served with paratha / roti / bread. One can also team it up with cheese /vegetable sandwich
- Boil some pasta/ hakka noodle and mix with soup. Let the mix boil for 2 minutes and serve
- Carrot – ½ cup (1 medium sized carrot. I have used the delhi / long carrot)
- Tomato – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Garlic pods – 4 to 5
- Basil / Tulsi – 8 to 10 leaves
- Brown sugar / normal sugar – 3 teaspoon
- Salt to taste - 1.5 teaspoon (I have used rock salt)
- Wash all the vegetables properly (suggest to use vinegar / salt water to wash the veggies for kids). Peel the onion & scrap out the carrots. Dice the carrot, tomato and onion into small chunks.
- Pressure cook all the veggies along with garlic pods 3 cups of water until soft (2-3 whistles approx).
- Once cooled, add the fresh tulsi/basil leaves & blend to a soupy consistency. (The soup can be strained as well. It is an optional step.)
- Add salt and sugar. Warm the soup
- Serve warm
Do share with me how your little one responded to this carrot tomato soup.
Remember Sharing is Caring. Kindly share this article in Facebook and Twitter.