This recipe Carrot Dal Mash was shared by my friend , who has a 9 month old cutie pie. I tried it out , and Anshika liked it so much that I felt I could share the recipe with all mommas here 🙂
Read various baby food recipes here.
I have used toor dal here , but if your baby is less than 7 months , please make this recipe with split yellow moong dal only to avoid gas in babies.
Toor dal is rich in proteins , good carbohydrates and fat. Carrots are enriched with betacarotene, Vitamin A and other nutrients .
- Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
- Carrot – 1 medium
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 1 cup
How To Prepare Carrot Dal Mash ?
- Wash and clean carrots. Cut into big pieces and keep it aside
- Wash and clean dal and pressure cook it with turmeric powder and salt along with carrots
- Mash or blend to the required consistency once cooled
- Add ghee and give it your baby
Please do le me know if your baby liked this recipe. It is excellent for lunch as well dinner.