Today I am happily sharing you my recipe on wheat pumpkin muffins for toddlers and kids 🙂
You will always find finely chopped fresh pumpkins (courtesy : my hubby) in my refrigerator. I used to prepare pumpkin daal curry twice a week either for idli/dosa or plain rice.
One day, I planned to bake apple muffins as evening snack for Rithvik. When I opened the refrigerator to take apples the chopped pumpkins caught my attention. Suddenly thought of preparing muffins with pumpkin and dropped the plan of apple muffins.
I just tried my hand at making these muffins and kept my fingers crossed until Rithvik and hubby dear tasted these muffins. It turned out to be a mega hit 🙂
Pumpkin is a storehouse of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E. All the parts of the pumpkin plant like fruit, leaves, flowers and seeds are edible.
- 10 Simple and Effective ways to encourage talking in toddlers
- Apply these 5 secret techniques to handle toddler tantrums
- 7 effective ways to stop your child fussing and start eating
If your toddler is fussy about eating pumpkins this is a alternate way to make them have it; unknowingly. Try these whole wheat pumpkin muffins for your sweet pie 🙂
How To Make Wheat Pumpkin Muffins for Toddlers and Kids?
Grind chopped pumpkins with little water in a mixie and keep aside. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Meanwhile Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
Mix up the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and ginger
In a separate bowl mix the oil and vanilla extract. Add vinegar and curd and mix well.
Combine both dry and wet mixtures together. Add the mashed pumpkin till it blends in.
Spoon the batter into lined cup cases and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C. (Set it according to your oven type)
Remove from muffin tray after 5 minutes and cool it completely before serving.
- Wheat flour -3/4 cups
- Mashed Pumpkin -1/2 cup
- Jaggery syrup -6 to 8 tbsp (according to your kids taste buds)
- Any cooking oil - 3 tbsp (I used coconut oil)
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Baking powder - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Ginger powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt -a pinch
- 10.Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
- 11.White Vinegar -1/2 tbsp
- 12.Curd-1½ tbsp
- 13.Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Grind chopped pumpkins with little water in a mixie and keep aside.
- Mix up the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and ginger
- In a separate bowl mix the oil and vanilla extract.To this add vinegar and curd and mix well.
- Now mix the dry mixture and wet mixture together.
- To this add the mashed pumpkin and mix again.
- Spoon the batter into lined cup cases and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C. (Set it according to your oven type)
- After 5 minutes remove from muffin tray and cool it completely before serving.
Have a great day!
Please subscribe to the newsletters of Bumps n Baby to stay updated.