Is your baby / kid fond of apples ? Recently I was chatting with my friend who is a new mom. One thing we always share is the baby food recipes . Her 8 month old baby girl doesn’t like apples just like Anshika.
Anshika is fond of apples , as it is raw. She hates skewed apple , even apple purée. But I didn’t want to give her raw apples because of the pesticides, wax and what not added to the apples in the market. Plus as apples are available all the year round, why couldn’t I think of another way to make her eat them? So this delicious simple quick recipe became my savior. Apple Milkshake !
Apples should be steamed with the peel/ skin ON as 2/3 rd of fibre and antioxidants are contained within the peel. So apples should NOT be peeled before steaming.
Apples are rich in fiber, antioxidants, B complex vitamins and other nutrients. Milk is rich in calcium.
- Apple - 1
- Water - ½ cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 pinch
- Almonds - 1 or 2 pureed / powdered
- Raisins - Pureed 2tsps.
- Steam apple as a whole with water in a steamer or pressure cooker for about 10 minutes
- Peel and deseed once cooled
- Add milk, almonds peeled, raisin puree,cinnamon powder to it
- Blend it to a smooth consistency
- Add honey if reqd
2.Cinnamon adds to the flavour, again don't use it for babies less than 10 months old
3. Almonds should be thoroughly blended in order to avoid choking