Today I bring to you the tasty yummy paneer chilli recipe for toddlers and kids.
When I am drowning in the dilemma of what to make for the day, there is just one thing which rescues me and makes my mood. Guess what! Paneer or in desi mem style call it as Cottage Cheese.
Paneer has always been my favorite, unlike my hubby who becomes this picky eater, separating the paneer cubes and directing them towards my plate which throws a grand hearty welcome with a beaming ME 🙂
I usually make paneer at home. It is extremely simple, healthy and saves on bank balance. You can refer to how to make paneer at home.
Of course, I am not being a pathetic miser on here.
Am I being a typical married woman wanting to chit-chat and crib about her rising expenditures and low savings? Anyway, it is “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki”. Leave out the TATAs & BIRLAs crowd.
We all know how healthy and popular paneer is and there are so many variants which hardly, rather, never – ever flops. I must say it is one royal and most loved dish.
Girls and boys, men and women. You can gorge on paneer without any guilt since this shaahi khaana will never add on pounds instead will satisfy your cravings giving you a wholesome nutritional balance.
Here I bring to you right from my little kitchen the paneer chilli recipe for kids and us. This dish can be served to toddlers of 2 years and above.
Believe me, even my hubby, who, as I said initially is not a paneer fan couldn’t resist himself from gorging on to this yummy Indo– Chinese savory. It is quick to make and undeniably a special delight which adds sparkle to our daily meals.
Cooking time – 20 minutes, Serves – 2
- Paneer cubes – 300 gms (around 10 medium sized cubes)
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1 table spoon
- Capsicum – 1 medium sized- diced into medium pieces
- Tomato – 1 medium sized – diced into medium pieces
- Onion – 2 medium sized – diced into medium pieces
- Green Chilli – 2
- Chopped ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Soya Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – As per your taste
Paneer chilli recipe – preparation method:
- Marinate the paneer cubes with 1 tbsp corn flour, pepper powder, salt and a little water. Set aside for 10 minutes and then shallow fry in oil.
- In the same pan where you have fried the marinated paneer cubes, sauté ginger, garlic and onions. After 2 minutes add green chillies, capsicum, tomato, pepper and salt. Sauté for 5 – 7 minutes. Please be careful not overcook the vegetables.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of corn flour in 3 tablespoons of water. This is for a thicker gravy consistency. (If you like dry paneer chilli, then skip this step.) Add this to the vegetables, along with paneer, tomato sauce and soya sauce.
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes on low flame and switch off the gas. Garnish with coriander leaves. You can also add a little lemon juice or vinegar for a tangy taste which is purely optional.
- Cover the pan and let the flavors sink in the dish.
- Serve warm with fried rice. This can also be served as a starter minus the gravy.
This Indo-Chinese dish literally spreads smiles. As I always say, kids love it when we pep up their daily meals.
Even if you make just dal-rice and team it up with paneer chilli, it will be a blockbuster hit. Try this paneer chilli recipe and share your views in comments.
Till then, Happy Cooking 🙂