Have you read our whole wheat biscuits recipe for toddlers? Today I bring to you another completely healthy recipe; oats cookies for babies and kids. Yes without any raising agent!
We all love cookies and they are considered to be one of the most addictive snack items. Most of us do not like oats in their usual porridge form. Let us try to give a healthy twist to oats and make it healthy and yummy. This oats treat can be served to babies and toddlers.
The recipe I am sharing today is super healthy as
- No raising agents like baking powder or baking soda is used
- Used only whole grains (whole wheat flour and oats)
- Key ingredient oats are easy to digest and high on anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins. They are also deliberated as immunity boosting food items
- A variety of nuts like almond or walnuts or pistachios can be added. I have used almonds for the recipe today
These oats cookies can be made in made in less than 40 minutes and a are ready-to-go recipe for working moms. The cookies can be served as a snack or a breakfast item for little ones with a glass of milk and a fruit.
The recipe is also pretty simple as we just need to mix all the ingredients into a dough/ mix, make cookies out of them and bake.
How to make oats cookies for babies and kids?
Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. Add all the mixture except dry fruits into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add a little bit of milk and try to make cookies or balls out of it. If its too dry add a little more milk and try again.
Flatten the balls, add the poppy seeds or black sesame seeds as toppings. Bake it in a greased tray at 180 degree celsius for 20 minutes. Flip the cookies after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Once the cookies turn golden brown on the edges, it can be taken out from the oven. Let it cool down on a cooling rack.
- Oats - 1 cup (I have used Quaker oats)
- Whole wheat flour or atta -1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Butter - ½ cup (at room temperature)
- Almonds – ¼ Cup (coarsely powdered)
- Milk – 1 to 2 tablespoon (I have used exactly 1 tbsp)
- Butter paper to line the baking try (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes
- Add oats, whole wheat flour, butter, almond powder and sugar in a wide bowl. Mix them thoroughly
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of milk and then check the mix. If you are able to make cookies/ balls out of the mix, we do not need to add more milk. Else, add a little more milk and try to make the balls
- Take some mixture in your hand and give it ball shape and then flatten the ball a little. Do try to smooth out the outer corners
- Arrange all the cookies on the baking tray (lined with butter paper ) or greased with a little bit of ghee or butter
- Decorate the cookies with poppy seeds and black sesame seeds. One can also use almonds, pistachios or raisins
- We need to bake them at 180 degree Celsius for total 18 to 20 minutes. Do check them after 10 minutes and flip the cookies (to cook the other side evenly). Once the cookies turn golden brown on the edges they are done. We can take them out from oven and let them cool on a cooling rack
- Our cookies are ready to be served
- These oats cookies can be served with a glass of hot milk and a fruit (like apple or banana). Makes a complete meal
- One can also break them into pieces and add it to milk (like chocos or cornflakes)
- One can also serve them with a milkshake or juice
- The cookies can also be served as teething biscuits for babies above 1o months. Kindly monitor the babies while eating to avoid any choking accidents
Store them in an airtight container well within the reach of your toddlers and family members. They store up well for 10 days but I promise they will get over well before that.
You can also try our coconut biscuits for babies and toddlers.
Please try out these oats cookies for babies or kids. Let us know in comments if your little one liked it.
Kindly share this article in Twitter and Facebook. Remember sharing is caring.