Have you read my aamras recipe? Today I bring to you another mango based delicacy named mango mastani.
Though the summer is coming to an end, mango season is still on. Mango is a seasonal fruit and you should make sure that your little one has it in the form of puree, juice or pulp.
Now coming to today’s recipe, mango mastani is a dessert drink that is originated from Pune. It is named after the Pune Peshwa (Emperor) Bajirao’s second wife Mastani.
Though I hail from Mumbai I had never tasted this dessert mango mastani until my neighbor here in Middle East prepared and gave it to me. I had never imagined of having something so delicious made up of mangoes!
Mango mastani is a thick milkshake scooped with ice cream and dry fruits. I am sure your toddler or kid will love it.
I did try my hands on the alphonso mangoes at home and churned out my version of mango mastani. Wow what a perfect way to beat the summer heat with fresh ripe mangoes turned into a delicious dessert!!
Mango mastani recipe – preparation method:
Mango mastani can be made within minutes.
Cut the peeled mangoes into fine pieces and blend with a little sugar and milk into a smooth paste. Pour into a serving glass.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream into the glass. Garnish with chopped mangoes and dry fruits of your choice. Refrigerate for a few minutes or serve immediately.
A perfect yummy dessert within minutes!!
- Mangoes - 2 finely chopped
- Sugar - as per taste
- Milk – ½ cup (to blend the mangoes)
- Ice cream - 1 scoop of mango or vanilla flavor
- Sliced dry fruits of your choice – a few
- Mangoes chopped – a few for garnish
- Wash mangoes and then peel of the skin
- Chop mangoes into fine pieces. Keep aside a few for garnishing
- In a blender add mango chunks along with a little sugar
- Add in milk and blend it into fine puree.
- Pour this puree into a tall glass.
- Add 1 scoop of ice-cream
- Add dry fruits and pieces of mango
- Serve chilled.
- You can use any type of mangoes. I used alphonso mangoes
- Always wash the mangoes before usage
- Readily available mango pulp can also be used
- Sugar is optional. If the mangoes are tangy, you can add sugar as per your taste
- Mango flavored ice cream can also be used while serving
- Full fat milk cream can also be used
- Cherries or tutti-frutti as toppings can be used
Do try this awesome dessert drink mango mastani this summer. Let me know through your comments how it turned out for you.