Today I am back with another mango recipe, mango ice cream! I just love mangoes and love trying recipes with it.
My son loves ice cream; I gave it a thought to make ice cream with the fruitful alphonso mangoes at home. This ice cream can be made with easily available ingredients in your pantry.
This mango ice cream can be given to toddlers above 2 years and kids.
My version of mango ice cream can be made at home without an ice cream maker. The recipe is pretty simple as its just mango pulp blended with cream and milk.
You can serve this mango ice cream as it is or top with some dry fruits and tutti fruitties. My son loves this mango ice cream without any toppings, so here I have kept it plain.
Mango ice cream recipe – preparation method:
Lets start with the recipe step by step.
Wash and peel the mangoes. Puree in a blender and keep aside. Mix together milk powder, milk, jaggery, vanilla essence and cream. Blend it with the pureed mangoes.
Pour the mixture into a container and freeze it for 1 hour. Beat the mixture lightly and then set it again overnight. Scoop and serve the next day
- Mangoes or mango puree - 2
- Milk powder - 1 cup (optional)
- Milk Cream or Malai - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Jaggery or Honey - to taste
- Dry fruits - for topping
- Mint leaves or mango slices - to garnish
- Wash mangoes and then peel the skin
- Put the pieces into a blender and make it into fine puree.
- After making into fine puree add in jaggery or honey, vanilla essence, milk powder, cream and blend it into creamy texture.
- Pour it into a container or a bowl or you can use a ice cream mould if you have
- Wrap it with a plastic paper or foil
- Freeze it for 1 hour if there are ice crystals formed do blend it again. Freeze it for whole night
- Scoop out in a bowl and serve.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves or mango slices
- To avoid crystals of ice on ice cream, blend in a blender 3 or 4 times
- To make a more rich mango ice cream, you can use whole fat milk and full fat cream
- Store bought cream can be used
- Vanilla essence is entirely optional
- You can also whisk the cream and then add
- Instead of cream home made malai can be used
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste
- Milkmaid can be used for sweetness
- Covering with plastic paper prevents the formation of ice crystals
Hope you liked this homemade mango ice cream recipe. Do try at home and let me know in comments the response of your little one.