I used to go crazy for mangoes, when I was kid and even now I do… Now it’s mango season…..Mangoes mangoes everywhere !!!
Rithvik loves mangoes and cakes but I don’t want my little one to have cake made up of maida. So this is my new cake creation, Mango cake using wheat flour. This is one of the Eureka recipes 🙂 An idea that sparked in my head, I experimented, and it turned to be a success 🙂
- Mango Puree – From 1 fully ripened big mango or two medium sized mangoes
- Cooking oil – ¼ cup
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Wheat flour – ½ cup
- Semolina (rava) – 2 tbsp (I used roasted rava)
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Thick Milk Cream - 125 ml (I used puck thick cream)
- Baking powder -1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder– ¼ tsp
- Pistachios –few
- Peel the mangoes and blend the pulp in a mixie to get fresh mango puree.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Grease and place a butter paper on the cake tray.
- Mix Wheat flour, Semolina, Baking powder, Baking soda and Cardamom powder nicely
- Mix Sugar, Milk cream, Curd, Cooking oil, Mango puree to a smooth consistency for 3 to 5 min for the sugar to get dissolved.
- Slowly add mixed flour little by little in three or four times to the above mixture.Whisk thoroughly until there are no lumps formed.
- The cake batter will be little thicker like the idly batter. Add a tbsp of milk or water if the batter is too thick
- Then add pistachio to the mixture, mix it and pour the batter immediately on the baking tray
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius (Check in between by pricking a toothpick in the centre of the cake as the baking time varies from one oven to other)
- Remove the cake tray from the oven and allow it to cool completely
Advisable only for toddlers and adults….not for babies. Happy feeding 🙂