In Kerala, raw banana porridges are given to babies once they start on solids. My parents and in laws took their turn for preparing and packing raw banana powder for my baby. As soon as I finished one bottle,my father in law bought another packet ; I just had to powder them to make porridge for Anshika.
How to make raw banana powder ?
- Choose the right bunch of the raw bananas ( also known as ‘ kannan pazham’ , if you are out of Kerala, it might be available in Malayali stores I believe ),
- Peel them and wash in turmeric water to remove stickiness
- Cut them into thin slices
- The slices have to be then sun dried for about 7 days depending upon the intensity of sun.
- The dried banana slices are stored in an air tight container and powdered as and when its required to make porridges.
Have you tried raw banana powder for your baby ? Was it homemade / ready made . Please do let me know for any doubts /queries.
Image : Google