In this article I bring to you a simplest yet appetizing homemade chikki recipe loved by kids and adults equally.
I love peanuts. Do you picturize the meek Charlie Brown here? Oh no, I ain’t talking about him at all.
It’s the “Kaaypo che” aka Sankranti aka Uttrayan season. I am wholly concentrating upon the delicious chikki and its preparation. I have never been an ace kite flyer though I was in Gujarat for more than half of my life. I used to be good at holding firkis for the bade bhaiyas and uncles in our society. But gorging on the lavish thali spread out was something I always looked forward to.
Sweets have been my biggest weakness forever. Post lunch and dinner, it goes up a level higher for me. I make it a point to satisfy the craving healthily with fruits, dates, raisins, dark chocolate and chikki.
Thinking of Sankranthi this year, I thought of sharing with you all my home made peanut chikki recipe for toddlers.
Peanut chikki or ground nut chikki can be a best replacement for toddlers as snacks instead of the chocolates or junk foods. Lets see the health benefits of homemade peanut chikki and its ingredients first.
Health benefits of peanuts:
- Rich in proteins which are essential for proper body development
- Contains vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, thiamin, vitamin E etc
- Contains minerals like copper, zinc, manganese, calcium, iron, selenium etc
- It balances the blood sugar, lowers the hazards of weight gain, great for skin, fights depression and also helps in fertility
Health benefits of jaggery:
- A wonderful raw sweet as well as a sweetener which aids in smooth digestion.
- Cleanses your stomach
- Prevents anemia since it’s a rich source of iron
- Great energy booster
- Purifies blood and keeps you away from skin problems
Homemade peanut chikki – preparation method:
Roast and deskin the peanuts. Melt jaggery to a thick consistency and add the cardamom powder to it.
Add peanuts to the jaggery syrup and spread in a greased plate. Cut into desired shaped once cooled.
- Home made dry fruits powder mix for toddlers
- Homemade peanut butter recipe
- Home made hot chocolate recipe
- Home made sesame laddus with dates
- Home made cerelac for babies with step by step photos
- Peanuts - 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur) - ¾th cup
- Elaichi or cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Roast the peanuts, remove the skin and keep it aside.
- Melt jaggery till a thick syrup consistency. Add elaichi powder and mix.
- Grease a plate with 1 tea spoon ghee / oil.
- Add the peanuts in the jaggery syrup, mix and spread in the greased plate.
- Let it cool and then cut into desired shapes and sizes.
Store it in air tight containers.
You can also mix dry fruits as well for enhancing taste and nutritional value.
Hope you liked my article on home made peanut chikki. Do try this out and let me know if your little munchkin enjoyed it.
Even you can replace the unhealthy snacks with these home made goodness.
Kindly share this article in your Facebook and Twitter. Remember sharing is caring
If you want to stay updated on many more articles like these, please subscribe to the newsletters of Bumps n Baby.