Looking for homemade chocolate recipe for this Christmas?
Do you want to make chocolates at home, but confused on how to go ahead?
Have you been looking for homemade chocolate recipes to make the best gift this Christmas?
The festival of happiness is already setting in. Sweets candies, chocolates play an essential role in festive seasons. All time kids favorite and always in their menu is chocolates.
So why not prepare chocolates at home that too with available things in your pantry?
You can easily prepare homemade chocolate bars and give them any shapes your child like using moulds. Moulds are easily available in markets. It’s easy to find them in shapes of flower, animals, numbers you name you find it.
I wanted to try my hands on homemade chocolate for my choco-pie. So today, I tried simple ways of making chocolates. It hardly takes 5 minutes for preparation and they are really yummy.
The best about homemade chocolates is that they are free from artificial colors and flavors, a wholesome treat for your kids.
Homemade chocolate recipe in 2 versions:
Here I have come up with two easy ways of making chocolate. The outcome won’t disappoint you, your kids will absolutely fall in love these melt-ins’.
Lets have a look on the step-by-step method of homemade chocolates.
#Method 1 – The Microwave Method
Cooking time: 5 to 10 minutes
- Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 3 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Milk powder – 2 tablespoons
In a microwave melt the butter or you can bring the butter in room temperature.
Add in cocoa powder, sugar and milk powder. Mix well.
After the mixture cools down, pour the batter in the moulds and freeze it for 1 hour. Choco-bar is ready. Here I have used ice tray as mould.
- Vanilla extract can be added to the batter.
- Butter should be at room temperature so that it melts easily.
- Coconut oil too can be used instead of butter.
- Milk powder is the main ingredient, so don’t skip it.
- You can also add honey instead of sugar and adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- If you can find cocoa butter then you can skip the unsalted butter.
- Make sure the mould or ice tray is dry; water will spoil the chocolate batter.
- You can even roll them with desired coating.
#Method 2: Double Boiler Method
- Chocolate bar – 3 pieces
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Milkmaid – 3 tablespoon
- Dry fruits(optional) – cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios
In a pan, add in little water. Upon that, place a dry and clean vessel and add in the butter. Keep stirring it till the butter melts. Keep the flame low.
Once it gets melted, add in the chocolate bar pieces. Stir well till they melt completely.
Next, add in the milkmaid and give it a quick stir well.
Switch off the flame and allow it cool. I chose a Santa Claus mould. You can use any mould. Freeze it for 1 hour.
Homemade chocolates are ready to serve.
- Dry fruits are optional.
- You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container and can be served within a week.
Wrap these special chocolates in colored paper and gift to your family and friends this Christmas. Do check out these wonderful gifting options for babies this Christmas.
Instead of store bought chocolates, do try these easy homemade chocolate recipe and surprise your family and friends this Christmas.