As soon as I posted my latest pic in FB, many new moms wanted to know how I lost my pregnancy weight and became fit and fine ! This post is all about my weightloss journey , food and exercise regimes.
Let me tell you I am a foodie to the core , and I took my pregnancy and post delivery phase to indulge in everything I could , right from ice creams, tubs of dark chocolate to plates of ghee rice with chicken curry !!
My funda was anyway we put on during pregnancy , so why not put on eating everything we could ?? As a result of the so called funda, I put on 12 kgs during pregnancy reaching 72 (Though my Amma thought I would hit a century !! Thanks to my metabolic rate )
Post delivery, for the first 11 months , I remained the same ; eating- anything- offered -to-me , even ate at midnight as I was breast feeding at night too.
Baby’s health was important to me , crash dieting could leave me and my baby irritable and I was too lazy to exercise. So the entire 11 months post delivery , breastfeeding was my sole exercise. Breastfeeding a baby burns out about 500 calories from a mom’s body !! Plus the household chores and caring for your baby will add to the calorie burning rate.
I put on 12-14 kgs during my pregnancy, reaching 72 kgs. Post 11 months , my weight dropped to 66 kgs and now 58 yeah you read it right ? How I achieved this ; simple , easy plus no cash flows to the slimming centres or pills.
1. Started walking for 40 minutes to 1 hour in the evening
2. Cut out all CRAP ( Caffeine , Refined Flour, Alcohol/any addiction and Processed food)
3. Started eating wisely , the diet which I follow and could be followed by anyone is given below.
- 6.30 AM , after brushing – A glass of warm water with half a lemon juice; helps to remove toxins from your body followed by a fruit
- Go to the loo and basic routine
- 8.00-8.30 AM – 2 sliced brown bread sandwich / a cup of cornflakes with a cup of milk / 1 chappati with mixed vegetable curry / broken wheat upma with veggies
- 10.30 AM – 11.00 AM – 1 or two musambis /sweet lime /oranges, whole fruit , not juice
- 1.00 PM – 1 bowl salad + 1 bowl dal + 2 rotis/rice + 1 glass buttermilk
- 3.30 PM – 1 cup green tea
- 5.00 PM – 1 cup chana and puffed rice with cut onions, tomatoes and cucumber/ 2 cream crackers / 2 diet khakra
- 5.45 PM – evening walk for 40 minutes
- 7.00 – 7.30 PM – broken wheat upma with veggies / same as lunch – buttermilk
- Before bedtime – 1 cup of milk
UPDATE: Started using whole milk ghee and milk in my diet.