In today’s post I bring to you a DIY which can be used to introduce your little ones to the world of numbers. It’s a DIY Caterpillar number chart.
Anshika can count from 1 to 10, thanks to her playgroup sessions. But since she is about to be 3 this July, I wanted her to learn slowly the numbers and colors in visual form too. There are plenty of educational toys available in the market. But in my case after a while, those toys get dumped in the store room.
In the usual weekend chats with my sister in law, this topic also came up. My sister in law, who is an Engineer, has found her passion for teaching recently. She had prepared a creative DIY caterpillar number chart for her students. Her caterpillar chart was appreciated and well received by her school staff too.
When I saw the chart, I was completely amazed. I couldn’t wait to share with you this cute yet creative n useful caterpillar number chart.
Let’s see how you can make this caterpillar number chart at home all by yourself.
- Cardboard paper/ color paper – 5 colors. Here we have used light blue, yellow, red , black and dark blue
- Zig zag scissor – 1
- Shape / mould/ plate in the shape of a circle – 1
- Google eyes – 2
- Sketch pens
How to make this creative caterpillar number chart?
HP deskjet ink advantage 3545 e-all-in-one- printer gave the perfect print outs required for this creative caterpillar number chart.
- Cut out shapes in the form of circles in different colors with the help of plate/ mould. Using zig zag scissor, you can give shape to form the body of the caterpillar
- Paste the google eyes on to the face of the caterpillar
- Download the numbers from the net and arrange it in the order in a MS word
- Take print out of each number separately
- Cut out the legs and antenna of the caterpillar out of red cardboard paper
- Now cut the numbers according to the shape and paste on the circles as per your wish
- Draw lips of the caterpillar using the sketch pen
- Finally paste all the circles to form the caterpillar
Your creative DIY caterpillar number chart is ready! You can hang this creative caterpillar number chart or paste it on the wall.
Hope you loved this DIY as much as I and Anshika liked it. Let me know how you plan to introduce numbers to your munchkin.