I have been asked by many moms on how I pack food for Anshika’s daycare and manage time for cooking, packing, office hours and household chores. Here is the post for you : 25 Frequently Asked Questions About Food for my Daughter’s Daycare.
1. When do you prepare food for your daughter ?
I start preparing food for Anshika by 8AM.
2. At what time do you wake up ?
I used to wake up at 6.30 AM . But these days I don’t sit up late at night for blogging, instead I get up at around 4.30 – 5.00 AM, so I get quite a lot time for myself , blog and my family too 🙂
3. What all food do you prepare for your daughter?
4. How do you pack all the snacks till evening ?
I pack all foods in tupperware boxes and sealable lunch boxes. They are quite travel friendly as there is no chance of leakage
5. Other than food , what all you give ?
6. How do you ask the caretaker at the daycare about the food to be given ?
If it’s cheese broccoli mash for lunch, I ask the caretaker to keep that box in the fridge until lunch time. It is then warmed up before Anshika goes for her lunch.
7. How do you decide what to make on a day for your daughter ?
I decide the menu one day before and shop accordingly. Download the weekly food chart planner for FREE!
8. What all you pack in her daycare bag ?
I pack her dabbas, fruits (apple /banana/ chickoo/pear), warm water, milk, spoon, glass and her daycare essentials in the daycare bag.
9. Do you add sugar / salt or honey in baby food ?
Until my daughter was one, I didn’t use sugar or salt.
Jaggery was used by me in her rava porridge earlier. Now I add a pinch of salt in her soups and honey is added to her cornflakes in the morning.
10. How do you give soups then ?
I cut the veggies into big chunks and steam them .
Once they are cooled, I pack them in box with the remaining water. The caretaker puts them in the fridge, blends it and warms it up before feeding her at soup time which is around 10.30 -11.00 AM.
11. On a day , what all you give to your 1 year old ?
I make it a point to give her 2 cereal portions, veggies, fruits, milk and water on an everyday basis. So I plan accordingly and prepare the menu.
12. How do you give milkshakes then ?
I give whole fruits and milk bottles. I ask the caretaker to blend together and make mixed fruit shake as her evening snack
13. What if you are late to pick her up ? How about her food then ?
I always make it a point to give cerelac or raw banana powder in a separate bottle in case of emergency.
If I am late, the caretaker prepares the food accordingly for her.
14. What if you come home late from office ?
If I am late in reaching home, my hubby would have given her a boiled egg / fruit if she is hungry. I reach home and cook dinner for her then
15. How is she fed milk there ? in bottle ?
Anshika doesn’t drink milk through bottle.
She drinks from a glass. So milk is given to her in a glass and bottles are kept only for storage
16. Does Anshika finish off everything you give ?
Not everyday. If Anshika is not in a mood to have something , that box comes back as it is that day 🙁
17. What is the procedure of heating the prepared food at the daycare ?
NO Microwave is used for warming milk or any other food item.
Food and milk are warmed using gas stoves which helps the food from scalding.
18. What are the must haves in your daughters food bag ?
Kerala banana mash, a bottle of cerelac powder, soup, milk and water bottles are a must everyday.
19. Is it healthy when served at a later time ?
Yes absolutely. To retain the nutrition I don’t puree the soups, instead steam the larger chunks and pack once cooled .
20. Does Anshika drink ample water ?
Water is provided to her after every meal and as and when she demands in a glass.
21. How is she fed ? high chair ? what is the duration of feeds ?
Being a toddler Anshika runs around even while fed . So she is fed as and when she stops to have a mouthful 🙂
22. Won’t cheese and food with milk be spoiled if prepared in the morning ?
All such items would be put into the fridge and warmed up before feeding
23. Is Anshika fed with the other kids ?
Every kid is given a time for meals there at the daycare . But I have seen them sharing the lunch time together.
24. How often is a kid fed there at the daycare ?
There is a difference of 3 hours between every meal.
25. How do you find time for cooking and packing in the morning ?
Initially it was difficult for me . But with time , I learnt time management and things started falling in place.
I hope you were able to find answers to your doubts with respect to daycare food here . Please feel free to ask me anything I have missed out 🙂
Hope you liked this article. Please share it in your Facebook and twitter.
Subscribe to the newsletters of Bumps n Baby to stay updated in this festive season.