I had been to Kerala for two weeks for my brother’s wedding. The mode of journey taken was train. As I was travelling with a toddler , for a journey about 24 hours , I had to make sure I had preparations in advance. In this post I will be sharing the essentials for train travel with a baby.
In a bag ,
- Half sleeved cotton tops with tracks ( I changed her dress post every main meal. So changed around 5 dresses)
- Diapers – a pack of 20 were taken
- Baby wipes – A pack of Mee Mee wet wipes
- Soft baby towel – for her hands and mouth
- 2 Bibs , though she was not in a mood to use it
- A plastic cover to keep her used dresses
- 1 favorite toy of hers , she hardly played with it
- First aid kit with her medicines
- Her blanket and pillow
- 2 apples
- Cerelac in a plastic bottle
- 2 small spoons
- A glass
- A bottle of milk
- A Tupperware bowl with lid for mixing cerelac
- A flask
- Kerala bananas steamed ( used as lunch for her)
- Mixed vegetable soup ( used as and when we boarded the train )
- A box with banana chips and sweets
I had bought magazines to read , but it was mainly read by her and in the end almost tore it into pieces 🙁
It was so easy for me to feed he showing the trees, electric posts, plants and what not. When she refused eating , I made her stand by the window, so her attention was diverted.
My daughter sleeps on her tummy with her bum up. So when we slept at night , she wanted a whole berth seat for her , she didn’t want to share her seat with me :P. The cradle like motion of the train helped her to sleep well through out the night.
Overall it was a nice experience of travelling with my daughter in train , though my sleep at night was disturbed .
Have you travelled with your LO in a train ? Do share your experience with us.