Anshika loves the milk when it’s mixed with the Hershey’s chocolate syrup – it is her monthly treat. My connection with Hershey’s range of products started only when I attended a ‘cook along with celebrity chef Rakhee Vaswani’ on the 8th of March 2017.
A fun filled evening with food, laughter, cooking and tasting – in one line #everydayhappinesswithHersheys – that was the event all about. What amazed me was the different ways in which Hershey’s syrups and milkshakes can add that magic for your kids.
Today in this post I present to you the recipes shared by Rakhee in the event, made using the Hershey’s range of products.
#1. Masala Chocolate Flavored Toastie
Is your kid fond of his aloo toastie? Here is the chocolatey twist to the old aloo toastie.
- Bread slice -4
- Ready aloo baji – 3tbsp
- Peppers – 1tsp each (small dice)
- Cheese grated – 30gms
- HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup – to apply+ drizzle
- Jalapeno chopped – ½ tsp (optional)
- Butter – to apply on top
- Brush butter on the bread slices.
- In a bowl mix the aloo baji, peppers, jalapeno and HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup.
- Put the filling on the bread slice.
- Toast it on a tawa with some butter.
- Cut and drizzle some more HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored on top.
#2. Popeye Frankie
If you have leftover spinach rotis at home, then these popeye frankies/rolls are a must make. I felt this can be a good candidate for kid’s lunch box too.
- Ready wheat & spinach Frankie roti- 2
- Cheese – 50gms
- Chat masala – to sprinkle
- French fries (optional)
For the filling
- Paneer – 150gms
- HERSHEY’S Caramel Flavored Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Jalapeno – 1 tsp
- Onion minced – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Peppers–all 3–1 tsp each (small cubes)
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli flakes – ½ tsp
- Parsley – for garnishing
- In a pan heat the oil, sauté the pepper & onion for a min.
- Add the paneer and season with Salt, chilli flakes and the HERSHEY’S Caramel Flavored Syrup and cook for a minute.
- Take the roti and put the filling, chat masala, French fries and grated cheese.
- Warm it on the tawa.
- Wrap in foil &in an insulated tiffin for a nice lunch.
#3. Nutty Chocolate Bowl
If your kid is fond of oats, you can try this one.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Sofit Soya Milk – 1½ cup
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- HERSHEY’S Caramel Flavored Syrup- 1 tsp
- HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup – 1 tbsp
- Dried cranberries- 1 tbsp
- Mix fruits (apple, strawberry, banana)
- Mix nuts (like almonds, walnut)
In a medium pan over medium high heat, add oats soaked in Sofit Soya Milk and HERSHEY’S Caramel Flavored Syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until oats are cooked (approx. 5 min.)
Top with fresh fruit & dry fruit. Drizzle with HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup.
#4. Strawberry Papdi Chaat
I saved it for the last – because for me tasting the tangy strawberry chat was an out of the world experience! If you kid loves papdi chat, here’s a tangy twist you can make with Strawberry syrup.
For the Strawberry Imli Chutney
- Imli – 4 tbsp (Soaked in hot water)
- HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavored Syrup – 4 tbsp
- Dates – 2-4 pieces (Soaked)
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted jeera powder – 1 tsp
Boil all the ingredients together to enjoy a tasty and unique strawberry flavored imli chutney.
For the Paapdi Chaat
- Boiled potato- 1
- Mix Boiled Sprouts – 50 gms
- Yogurt/curd – 50 gms
- Ready-made papdi – 12
- Coriander leaves- on top
- Chilli powder – to sprinkle
- Sev – 25 gms
- Chaat masala- 1 tsp
- Arrange the papdis in a plate.
- Top it up with chopped potatoes and mix sprouts.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and red chili powder on it,
- Then the sweet strawberry flavored chutney.
- Top it with caramel yogurt/curd.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala, red chili powder, garnish with coriander leaves. Sprinkle sev on top.
Hope you enjoyed all the tasty treat tweaks with Hershy’s syrups and milkshakes. Do try out at home as special treats for your kid. These recipes can also be made a part of birthday party menu where in the most of the parents get confused on the recipes.