When my baby didn’t poop for days , I was worried . I am sure there would be moms , who get/ got worried for the same mentioned. Lets see how to tackle constipation in babies.
If the baby is just on breastfeed, she can poop for about 7 times a day or doesn’t poop at all for upto 14 days . It’s considered completely normal, make sure the baby has 3-4 wet diapers a day though !! This is because the breast milk is used up fast due to the high metabolic rate and results in urine only , no poop.
5 WAYS TO TACKLE CONSTIPATION IN BABIES
If the baby is on solids and suffer from constipation, these measures can be taken.
- Give warm water to the baby at regular intervals , 1-2 tsp one time is more than enough
- Boil raisins in water and strain it out , this water can be given too
- Give papaya to the baby if he/ she is 6months +
- Make oats a part of his / her food intake. The rich fibre in it helps here
- Give fruits / fruit juices of all fruits starting with the letter P like prunes, plums, papaya, pears etc. Dilute fruit juices with cooled boiled water before giving to your baby.
- Please refrain from giving various herbal oils ( or oils like castor oil ) to baby to relieve her from constipation
- Avoid giving bananas or sweet potatoes as they could trigger constipation
Articles To Read Next
Latest posts by Sangeetha Menon (see all)
- Superbottoms Pocket Diaper: Cloth Diapering Made Easy - December 21, 2014
- Dettol Multi-Use Wipes for You and Your Family - December 20, 2014
- Christmas Bauble Using Gems Ball DIY (Step by Step Tutorial) - December 9, 2014